Newborn baby found in rubbish bin
A newborn baby was found in a rubbish bin by a passerby in Olievenhoutbosch, Centurion, at the weekend.
Netcare911 spokesperson Nick Dollman confirmed that the tiny baby boy was found alive around 10:00 on Saturday morning.
It is believed that the newborn was dumped on Friday evening. Dollman said that the baby was still attached to the placenta.
The man who found the baby took him to a nearby church. He was then taken to the local police station.
Dollman said paramedics were called when the baby was struggling to breathe. After being treated, the baby boy was taken to a nearby hospital for further care.
More News South Africa
- Uhuru: Mombasa has turned into a dump
- Kenyan police prepare for worst ahead of elections
- UK v EU: Round Two begins this week
- 19 000 Mazda cars recalled in SA
- Amor will reportedly tell her side of the story in new book
- Petrol to shoot up by seven cents to the litre this August
- Klerksdorp man gets life sentence for rape
- ANC top brass steps in to solve WC leadership crisis
- DA wants Sisulu to explain R10m spent on flowers and gifts
- Cold front turns SA into a winter wonderland