Klerksdorp man gets life sentence for rape
A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to life imprisonment for raping a 38-year-old woman in Klerksdorp.
The sentence was handed down to Retshidisitswe Fokotsane by the Klerksdorp Regional Court.
Fokotsane allegedly met the victim and a friend at a dumping site in the area in 2016. He then lured the woman to his house by asking her to help him collect meat at his home.
According to a police statement, when the two arrived at Fokotsane's house, he took out an axe and threatened to kill her if she refused to get undressed. She obeyed Fokotsane, whereupon he proceeded to rape her several times.
The next day, he took the woman back to the dumping site.
Police were notified about the incident and he was later arrested.
More News South Africa
- Chapman's Peak Drive re-opened after three-week closure
- Eskom employee murder case postponed until September
- Atlantis murder accused abandons bail application
- Uhuru: Mombasa has turned into a dump
- Kenyan police prepare for worst ahead of elections
- UK v EU: Round Two begins this week
- 19 000 Mazda cars recalled in SA
- Amor will reportedly tell her side of the story in new book
- Petrol to shoot up by seven cents to the litre this August
- ANC top brass steps in to solve WC leadership crisis