DA wants Sisulu to explain R10m spent on flowers and gifts
The Democratic Alliance is demanding that Minister of Human Settlements fully explain the R10 million her department spent on gifts and flowers in the 2013-2014 financial year.
"[Sisulu] must also make public the full list of people who benefited from the R10 million," DA member of parliament Solly Malatsi said.
Malatsi said the figure was revealed when Minister Lindiwe Sisulu responded to a question posed by the DA.
"Minister Lindiwe Sisulu revealed, in a reply to a DA question, that her department spent more than R10 million on flowers and gifts for employees in the 2013-14 financial year," MP Malatsi said on Sunday.
He confirmed that the DA would submit further questions to Parliament for more details into the matter.
More News South Africa
- Uhuru: Mombasa has turned into a dump
- Kenyan police prepare for worst ahead of elections
- UK v EU: Round Two begins this week
- 19 000 Mazda cars recalled in SA
- Amor will reportedly tell her side of the story in new book
- Petrol to shoot up by seven cents to the litre this August
- Klerksdorp man gets life sentence for rape
- ANC top brass steps in to solve WC leadership crisis
- Cold front turns SA into a winter wonderland
- Newborn baby found in rubbish bin